► What is Action Camera
Action Camera is an action cam that allows to render GPS telemetry data, such as speed, location, pitch, heading, distance, time, date, etc. directly into your video while it is recorded with your devices' camera. The 'head up display' instruments are freely configurable in size and they are movable in the picture frame.
► Applications of Action Camera
You can use it wherever you want to prove your speed, G-Fore, etc. in an action video. Typical sports include:
• Car racing or just as an on-board-camera
• Mountain biking
• All fast moving sports
- "No Instrument”: Needed if you do not want to display anything in a particular instrument slot
- "Speed”: Graphical instrument displaying current speed
- "Compass”: Graphical instrument displaying current magnetic compass angle; relative to north
- "Heading”: Graphical instrument displaying current movement vector; relative to north
- "Roll/Pitch”: Graphical instrument displaying roll ad pitch of device
- "G-Force”: Graphical instrument displaying horizontal and vertical G-Forces experience by the device
- "Date”: Current date
- "Time”: Current time
- "DateTime”: Current date and time as 1-or 2-line text display
- "Position”: GPS coordinates as 1-or 2-line text display
- "Heading”: Heading angle of current movement vector of the device relative to north
- "Compass”: Magnetic angle of camera viewing vector of the device relative to north
- "Altitude”: GPS based altitude
- "Distance”: Distance traversed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
- "Duration": Duration passed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
► Further infos on Action Camera
- Supports metric, imperial and nautical unit systems
- Video recording format: MPEG-4, 720p
- Recording possible in landscape & portrait
- Universal app running on iPhone and iPad
- Instruments are movable and available in different sizes
- The app tries to setup a better than 60 fps camera mode. However the actual frame rates achieved are lower and they vary depending on the graphics power of the device. The realtime instrument display along with realtime video encoding and concurrent display is a demanding process that requires certain power of the device. Therefore older devices might experience low frame rates!
- Please note that Action Camera can be started on devices without GPS support. However it does not make too much sense on these devices since speed, location, etc. cannot be updated.
- Currently audio recording not supported
- Since nearly all battery consuming services like GPS, GPU graphics, gyroscope, video encoding are simultaneously used the app is battery demanding. Take care of that!